New To Grindstone?
Whether you've stumbled upon our site through Google or are following up from a Sunday morning visit, thanks for checking us out!
We realize how awkward and challenging it can be to step into a church for the first time, so we want to do all we can to help you feel comfortable and help you get meaningfully connected within our community.
There's a few places we'd like to invite you to start:
1. Check out our "Who We Are" Section. This section of our site will help you better understand what's important to us as a church. It has information on our mission, vision, values, beliefs, and distinctives. It's a great place to start.
2. Join us! After you've read through our "Who We Are" section, take the plunge and join us for a Sunday morning service. We gather at the Waterdown Legion every Sunday at 10am. We understand that stepping into a church for the first time can be an awkward and challenging, so we work hard to make newcomers feel welcome and try to help you transition into our community as smoothly as possible.
3. Email us. If you haven't done so already, email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff or elders will touch base with you and answer any initial questions you may have about our church.
4. Sign up. We use MailChimp to allow you to determine what information you're sent. We have a lot going on, so we don't want to bombard you with information. To sign up for updates, click here
5. Come to our next Newcomer's lunch. Our newcomers lunch is held several times a year directly after the service. Food is provided, and over lunch we'll introduce ourselves to you, and give you a chance to ask our staff and elders any questions you may have about our church. These lunches provide a casual atmosphere that allow us to get to know you better as you get to know us better! To let us know you're interested in coming out, please email email@example.com